Thursday, January 24, 2008

Bienvenidos a Mexico, a Melaque! Welcome to Mexico, to Melaque




Here I am in Melaque, Jolisco, Mexico. The weather is hovering around 77 f. blue skies and sunshine with a quiet little breeze that keeps things cool.






Above is the beach I look at every day just outside our hotel. To the right is the courtyard of the hotel.

These next two are typical street pictures. Every morning the venders and many of the private homes spray the streets with water to keep any dust down.

Above is construction of a new shop going in. They are putting in the steel supports and on the ground is the cement that they shovel into buckets and put where-ever.
This place here on the left is where I ate my lunch today. I got three small tortilla shells with chicken, rice and some condements as well as a sprite, it cost me $2.80cdn.
It is a pretty quiet time of year, not too many tourists and no Mexican tourists at this time of the year. No parades so no practicing from the miliatary!

No comments: