This morning I had an adventure. But before I begin my story I have to go back to the day I left home.
I have begun a new form of art and of course packed all my supplies in my big bag all ready to go. But at the airport in Kamloops they scanned my big bag and alas would not let me bring my paints or the acrylic spray I use for setting both ink and paint. So a little ticked and like a fool I sent everything pertaining to my art back home with Don and the girls.
Thus begins my adventure. I decide that I'll buy some paint in Mexico and go from there. Right. Thus begins the challenge and adventure.
This morning I caught the bus to Manzanillo which is about 1 hour south of here in Melaque. Nice bus, makes greyhound seem like a volkswagon. Got to the terminal, no problemo, then out to the front to catch a bus. mmmm none of these buses go to the area where Wal-Mart and Office Depot are. I had to walk the 2 Mexican blocks, I say it that way because that is about 1 mile give or take a step or two. Found the bus I needed and off I went.
While riding this city bus I saw a couple of things of interest. One, the shop and homeowners here like to sweep, they sweep the sidewalk in front of their home or establishment, the bit of street and the grass. Yes the grass, gets up the loose dead grass, unwanted grit or extra sand and leaves (remember warm country, trees stay green all year but lose their leaves daily as new ones grow) next I saw the most interesting thing I have ever seen. A garbage can made of 1 litre pop bottles. Yep, ingenious. Mettle ring on top and bottom then the bottles about 4 to a horizontal row, end to top. Must have been wired or strung together. Couldn't get a picture because I was on the bus. I just love these people.
Arrived at Wal-Mart but this one does not carry any art or craft supplies but all was not lost as I bought a few other things I would need for my "craft".
Off I went across the street to Office Depot. Hey, and yeah, they had the ink and pens, oil paints in tiny tubes and a few brushes but none of the paper I need nor the acrylic spray, no problem I asked the clerk where I might find these items and he sent me off to a large startionary store, only 2 blocks that way and then that way. Right "2 Mexican blocks". Took awhile but I found the place, only had to ask twice.
They had a little bit of oil paint and more brushes and a Spanish/English dictionary that I thought might come in handy. (I do have one but this is by Laroose and I thought it might be more up to date.) But alas, no card stock paper or blank cards. Now to catch a bus.
Again no problem, buses are a plenty in Mexico. I asked the driver if he went to the centro terminal? Si, I can get you there. I must have an "S" stamped on my forehead or something (standing for whatever you would like to say that starts with S).
I think I saw most of Manzanillo on that bus ride. We went down streets that were smaller than most alley's and with cars parked here and there and the driver didn't miss a beat or slow down and zipped right through, I'm still alive to tell about it and my hair didn't change colour.
Then I began to recognize places, he came to a stop and looked back at me and asked where I wanted off. I'm like, "at the autobus terminal centro" he says, "you walk that way, (you got it) just 2 blocks." my dogs are already beyond barking they are panting and whining but I made them go that "2 Mexican blocks" more.
We made it to the terminal, boarded our bus back to Melaque.
I don't think I'll go to Manzanillo for awhile.
I'll be posting some pictures soon, once I sort through what I took.

No comments:
Post a Comment