The 1st picture shows the local city bus, this is my favourite mode of transportation when I go to some of the nearby towns.
These pictures are of the main bus depot in Manzanillo. The bus stations here are like our airports at home. The one picture is the main terminal where you buy your tickets. On the right is all the different bus lines. See Primera Plus, that is the 1st class type bus. Next is the waiting area inside the "gate", yes only ticket holders are allowed in this area. Then the bays where the buses pull in. Hard to get a good picture of the seats without bugging people. But this is a typical bus seat, note the leg rests (you bring them down and with the seat back you can fully recline. There is a lot of space between the seats. Also a door separates you from the driver. The bus ride from Melaque to Manzanillo is 1 hour and costs $6.00. The Primera Plus (pronounced Ploos) is not the top of the line but close. I was able to choose my seat and I was given a snack of chips, cookie and juice before boarding. The top of the line is the ETN (pronounced A Tay N A) This bus has only 3 seats across with even more leg room and space between seat. The price to take this bus to Colima from Barra de Navidad was $22.00 the distance was about 2 1/2 hours. I was given a lunch of a sandwich, cookies, water/pop and chips.
The bus from Melaque to Puerto Vallarta is 4 hours and costs $16.00. So I say. Greyhound, a Volkswagon is more comfortable. These people know how it should be done.


While I was in Manzanillo for some reason I was having this craving for Subway. Well I know there is a Kentucky Fried, Burger King, Pizza Hut and Dairy Queen as I have walked past them but I never noticed a Subway.



While I was in Manzanillo for some reason I was having this craving for Subway. Well I know there is a Kentucky Fried, Burger King, Pizza Hut and Dairy Queen as I have walked past them but I never noticed a Subway.After all that walking and while on the bus out of town, yep, we passed a Subway. And you know what, it was right by Wal-Mart which I was at!


No comments:
Post a Comment